View Single Post
Unread 6 Mar 2011, 11:36   #33
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jagex Introduction / Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Better still, How much you think they would sell Planetarion I might be looking for a new investment?
Would imagine somewhere around £15k.
They do not seem to like PA much, but it is a nice addition to their overall portfolio. And it does create more awareness around Jagex as a company (for better or worse). Historically PA was a very successful game as far as getting players in and therefor the value might be set a bit overpriced.
Also; the cost of having PA on their books is very low considering the cost of running the game vs the amount of new dev being put into the game. If they also do some ads in-game (which I do not remember if they do or not) they might actually clear a few thousand for each round.
Personally I would not pay more than £5k, but they are greedy and probably bought (like all previous owners who got duped) PA at a very inflated cost...with a lot of promises of how "great" it is, not to mention the promise of how little needs to be done to bring it back to "greatness".