Thread: Enola Gay
View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2005, 05:09   #96
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts
Re: Enola Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
i hear papua new guinea actually manufactored the paint they used on the lorries that were held in reserve in case apollo 11 needed a last minute supply of peanuts.

so anyone who says papua new guinea wasn't at the core of the space race is just plain silly.
Pretty much. It's like contributing an infantry platoon and a truck to the eastern front and saying you won the battle of Stalingrad. I guess my quip pales in comparison to yours, that was classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressa
Ok so i just watched a documentary on the bombing of Hirosima during WWII. Something around 80 thousand people were killed due to this

Taking this into account with America's current foreign policy after 9/11 does the above not seem a greater crime than people flying a plane into a building.

Being born in the 70's i can remember the IRA blowing **** out of England in the late 70's early 80's...

Just because 9/11 happened does this give the USA to suddenly become the world police >?

Seems to me the USA have got away pretty lightly in the past...

Same hypocrisy there is true for every other country, nothing new.

The US was the "world police" before 9/11, perhaps you were too busy to watch the news?

What the US has done in the past that is 'evil' pales in comparison to most other countries that actually "do anything" worth noting. Saying we 'got off lightly' and complaining about it is hypocritical because other countries in the same period did things just as 'bad' if not worse. I think the English have 'gotten off pretty lightly' for all of the dead Scots, Welsh, Irish, Americans, Africans, Turks, Arabs, Indians, Afghans, etc that they racked up in the last few hundred years. Why don't you save us the post and go hate yourself?