View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2006, 22:01   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the threat of the tabloids to democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I have often thought that instead of politicians deciding EVERYTHING, have various experts decide things in their niche, and then instead of EVERYONE voting for the experts, just people in a field vote for the experts.
I'm not sure how you'd define who was "in" a particular field. And since the consequences are generally felt beyond a particular field I'm not sure this would be a particularly satisfactory solution.

Besides, I'm not really convinced that more expertise would lead to better decision making. Obviously more education is always desirable, but it's not like educated people aren't blisfully deluded (even inside their area).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote