View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2017, 15:28   #61
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road
Re: Round stagnation

Neither the alliance limit, nor the alliance napping are the problem. The problem is that this "war game" punishes actual war so hard, you are basically out of the game. It is really stupid imagining you are the admiral of 1 million ships and you see that you are loosing a fight, wouldn't you order a retreat to fight another battle? Well you would, but in this game all admirals are stupid droids with the order to waste every single ship no matter what or recall completely before the battle, which makes another day being added to the wasted days where nothing happened.
What this game needs to stop stagnation is a real benefit and reward for combat. And I dont mean by landing and gaining xp through stealing roids. I mean by battling and gaining xp by battling. And also maybe leave a player the chance to add an order to their fleet. (not only attack) but maybe (retreat on 20% losses, or something like that) I mean afterall, are you the commander or not?? Make salvage a lot bigger, add some for the attacker as well.
And make xp for attacking and defending bigger, also for actual combat.
And initiating roids should be really cheap until 1000 and then way more expensive after that. So people that are bashed down to 300, come back up more quickly and can stay in the game. I mean afterall this game takes 7 weeks. If your comeplete fleet and roids are lost at week 3, your chances of winning are really low, so why stay? Doesn't make sense and that is another factor that makes people leave this game.
This game is terribly outdated and flawed because of the huge snowball effect that bigger players get bigger so fast, while almost being unable to land on them.
I don't really understand the fact that the stats are changed so quickly and totally. Why not have 2 ships stats, one for value play and one for xp play. Let players vote what stats they prefer for the upcoming round and tweak the shipstats after each round, so we can actually have really balanced race/ship stats for both xp and value round.
But all of this leads us back to the problem: Someone needs to code it, so someone needs to pay for it and invest time. So further discussions are useless until we find someone willing to code and/or pay for it...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote