View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 19:54   #38
bradleykins

bradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these parts
Re: The end of british democracy?

To qualify as an authority, the individual must be generally recognized by peers in the same field when the peers hold a similar view. As of yet, you are not ad verecundiam, unless there is something i am unaware of. Even if you argue that your a better known person in this community that IS Argumentum ad Populum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Because the actual likelihood killing anyone you know being so remote. Since 2002 and the 'Rules of the Game changed' 52 people have died in terrorist attacks. As Dante pointed out earlier you are far more likely to die in a car crash or one of a million other things. But a 'War on Drivers' doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
additionally you may note that there is not an intent on murder, or terror with drivers, if there is though that would be under the war on terror heading.

Quote:
Being aware of a danger and being so disproportionally terrified of said event are two different things. There is a great hysteria about paedophilia but the odds of your child being taken are negligable. But tyhe fear itself is causing children more harm by parents not allowing them to go very far and play and socially interect and the such.
Pedophilia is indeed something that is feared, it is also something that is currently also being policed, would you too argue that it is improper to find out about pedophiles before the fact?

Quote:
I admit that your fear is almost completely based on emotion rather than an accurate study of the available empircal evidence and as a result is essentially worthless. Would you allow a mother whose shild was murdered to produce future laws for dealing with paedohpiles?
who is to say that mother Will be biased? It is in your opinion that my fear is irrational.

Quote:
A basic understanding of the political system?*
See my noted ad Popula argument.

Quote:
Not at all. I shall in no way discriminate against you because of your social background. I shall discriminate and deride your position because it is wrong.
in your opinion, or is it correct that you will not even remotely consider my argument? based on the fact you don't agree with it, you automatically assume i am wrong?
bradleykins is offline   Reply With Quote