View Single Post
Unread 14 Aug 2007, 16:12   #15
bradleykins

bradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these partsbradleykins is infamous around these parts
Re: The end of british democracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
If you a) live in fear of terrorists or b) think that "living without fear" is some kind of right, then there may be something wrong with your thinking-brainways.
My fears aare as just and correct as anybody elses, and because of that fact the government has made these laws, and that goes a long way in showing that if in fact i have something wrong with my (brainways???) that indeed so too do many other people.

Whilst you may have no fear of terrorism, other people do have their rights too, and just as you so valiantly cry about your own, so too can we wrong brainways people cry.

It is a basic right that no man, or woman, may live without bodily harm coming to them, as such it is a valid point to make that it is just and right to expect that we can live without worrying about it every minute, and tbh and true, it makes me feel much happier, and safe, every step we take towards a more secure country. This includes the crack down on terrorism, for you right brainways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Balls off. Some people are afraid of crossing bridges if too many people are on them, that doesn't mean we should legislate based on their irrational beliefs (lol religion lol, as a sidepoint).
Whilst i may agree with you, those people are a minority, my belief is echoed in many more people than that, and as such is demonstrated by the creation of these laws.

Ethics play a large point in this, but it is ethical to stop a bomb before it explodes, and personally as long as only a minority of people are hurt, rights infringed, by doing so as compared to the eventual casualty list then so be it.
bradleykins is offline   Reply With Quote