View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 18:58   #21
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Allow multing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
...with the new exception system that you coded, you could declare another planet or two hardcoded as your multi planet. All multi exceptions would permit 0 interaction. In effect, they are two different players resulting in twice the roids and twice the revenue for Jolt. I would imagine that you would limit multi planets to 1 or 2 additional ones, but still.

Or are there other problems, such as when is it OK to multi and what to do with multies who dont declare their second planet etc? (personally, i would delete both and say stiff cheese, but still). Or does it undermine the whole 0 tolerance of cheaters that the MH team reply on etc?
What he said. I would love to get rid of the multihunter function all together really but they have their uses I spose. Yes we will have lots of cheaters and spies etc BUT with the exception system it is hardcoded to prevent interaction.

We need a game again, we are not getting new players so lets make the most of the playerbase available.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)

Last edited by Ferretus; 15 Sep 2005 at 19:19.
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote