View Single Post
Unread 12 Nov 2015, 15:43   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Beta testers Wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I'll sign up and fiddle around with it a bit.
Nice one hope to see ya there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I'm sorry to be so negative but I really think we need to stop this before "someone" takes it seriously and puts it into the game.

Stealers not dying is bad enough (see comments from me and others in another thread) but allowing pods to get roids before being stolen is just a cheater's charter (or at least a farmer's charter which is much the same thing).

Add to these (previously demonstrated) mistakes the idea of cloaked stealers and we have a recipe for disaster.
link me up with the threads I would like some background reading.
thanks in advance.

Lets take stock of the whole senario...

What makes a good attack fleet?
My answer is a fleet that can land you roids and has a high defence tolerance and is worthwhile to land the attack.

to cater for this you have fire before defence ships weather it is emp or kill ship.

todays steal ships are only really effective in Defence due to salvage being paid out. in attacks if the defence ships fire before the steal ships it usually means losing value and hence the attack isnt worth landing this is what I call a low defence tolerance.

Unless you incorporate a mechanism like a bounty/salvage/pillage on capping ships IN ATTACK to compensate for losses and buy back lost ships then the next best thing is to incorporate stealers dont die when capping back. XP whoring with zik isnt really viable in comparision with value playing.

There is a historical precidence to show that stealer attack fleets had a higher defence tolerance even when defence killed some of the ships in the attack but to compensate capped ships on the defence side and made the attack more landable.

I have found most of the rounds stats boring and its only been key rounds where there has been exceptions (weather it is good stats and/or major wars between alliances) to the rule but I have always used R14 stats as the benchmark for fun stats
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=14
luckly that round there was major wars between alliances that added to the fun.

With the current game mechanics its not possible to recreate similar calibre or better stats than R14. Imo this should be the aim of every stat maker

The last time I considered zik was a good race was R42 http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=42

The reason for it was it had 2 ace kill ships in the roiding fleets and you could easily fake zik de as cr on xan and there was 1-2 xan only alliances that round, and I managed to excel on that basis (think I got t30 and top gal and alliance won that round but that is not important)

but if you got any sort of ter bs def on cruiser or locust def on destroyer fleet attacks it was a recall due to the mechanisms... you could cap ships but you would lose too much value and the attack was not worthwhile to land.

I also played zik in r40
http://beta.planetarion.com/history/...?id=4&round=40
which was 3 ship spam (full MT round) and was only made good because CT and APPRIME were at war 24/7 that round (had they not it would have been a boring round imo)

But to roid I needed to either hit a target with their fleet out (I recall JGPing top APPRIME players on a regular basis who def leeched and attack a defender on the JGP scan with their fleet out) join the nearly daily fleetcatch attempts / or FC defence or needed a cath co buddy to go roiding. quite rare to get those types of conditions in the game that is joked as NAPtarion.

I also played zik in r18 where Im 90% + that was the last round stealers didnt die apon capping ships.

I remember heading the ziks of my alliance (Subh) at that time and the main aim was to fleetcatch alliance incoming for "fear factor" as we were at best a mid tier alliance and this worked upto tick 500-600 ish... and made it clear to our members to tell their gal mates if they hit a subh target there was a good% of being fleetcaught. and capping value via ship stealing and a few caths joined to add defence tolerance on the fleetcatches.

Which for me was a different way of playing planetarion that I hadn't considered before in previous rounds.

I have fleetcaught many a player and in r35 I also got my cruiser fleet "fleetkilled" which basically ended my round at that time so I have been on both sides of a fleetcatch. But tbh players who end up in t100 should be big enough to handle stuff like and not emo quit the game.

Now to cover the cheating aspect of stealers not dying apon capping.

Good % of the Multihunters having an increased workload if this was implimented. However if the multihunters apply a CUI BONO? (who benefits) approach to questionable lands then I have every confidence.

early Game it is possible to POD a zik target for roids like a xan could send 1000 fi pods to cap 75-100 roids on a zik target it is possible to get a roid advantage by podding zik farms but you will be lucky to get a few turns before a trend is noticed and MHs acting accordingly.

If I was to play zik in a real round with these conditions/stats I would make sure I had an alliance/gal strategy to counter this.

Also the main reason I proposed beta stats that stealers fire after pods was to stop farms launching 1 way fleets at farmers planets to steal ships without major roid loss (again CUI BONO?) and major use of this tactic should get them closed by MHs etc.

Not saying that farming will be an issue at the beta more like a what if senario for a real round or xmas round etc.

I do think fleetcatches will be more fun and will more likely provoke a war between 2 alliances if one of their members was fleetcaught and that would be welcomed in the game known as NAPtarion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
can i make a suggestion: can we make everything star wars themed, let's be honest we wouldn't be playing this game if it wasn't for star wars
As the star trek fans would say in their best Picard voice and the finger point.... make it so :P
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote