Thread: Round 61 stats
View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2015, 08:59   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 61 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
troll
This term is thrown around way too easily on the PA forums. It's been twisted from a specific term for people who misrepresent their positions in order to aggravate their opponents to a generic shut-down aimed at anyone who voices a dissenting opinion. Your posts in this thread are perfectly fine.

Quote:
taking similar planets less than 1 week old say 100k value 150k score. 500ish roid planet.
Quote:
Now to reverse the roles with a zik frig attacking a hulls 1 ter planet.
I'm not a big fan of using the early ticks as representative of the round as a whole. As you said, the fraction of your fleet that you can get away with crashing diminishes as the round goes on (and then peaks very briefly during the last 72 ticks).

As for the rest of your post, I don't really see how it relates to the topic at hand. You have a couple of bcalcs, showing that you have to recall from planets that get defense and can land planets that don't. That's exactly what I've been saying. The attackers in your calcs are not faking, they're just sending a standard fleet. Then there's something about teaming up requiring organization and live launching? And then a bit about ship farming... I just don't get what the point is you're trying to make, honestly.

Quote:
The only 2 faking meta class options are cath de as Bs and xan fr as cr but even then your targets are limited due to their fleet compositions.
Why can't you fake Ter Co as Cr? Why can't you fake Zik Co as Bs? Faking is not about killing your opponent, it's about outsmarting them. And it's pretty much risk-free to boot: if you lose a few Co, who cares? (I'm not saying this fake is even close to good, but it illustrates the point.)

Quote:
I've explained in detail as to why team ups would be needed like frig to cover init weaknesses as a good dc will know how to best defuse attack / lower the defense tolerence.
and soloing with a kill/steal/non emp fleet without bottom feeding will likely mean an easily covered attack.
The point is that your opponent cannot cover anything if they have no ships or fleets to cover with. This is why we use galraids, and don't just randomly solo roid around the universe. Sure, picking a fleet that lands more (ie, has fewer counters) is better than picking one that lands less (has more counters), but it looks to me like most fleets can land on at least 2 races... assuming they don't/can't get defense from one of the other 2-3 races. That assumption is, in my view, what this argument is all about.

When defending, you pile on ships until you win the battle, and then the opponent recalls (allowing you to recall and defend again) or crashes (giving you salvage and reducing pressure on you the next night). If you've run out of ships or fleets, you give up, and the attacker lands for free.

When attacking, you take enough ships that you can easily defeat the home planet, and make it hard to stop you with anything other than the hard counters to your fleet. If your target cannot get defense, you land. If not, you recall and possibly relaunch.

Quote:
I seemed to gotten the impression due to people complaining that R60 have been defensive and folk are looking for a change ... is this wrong?
Depends on who you ask. You'd get quite a different answer if you asked me than if you asked, say, Wishmaster.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 23 Feb 2015 at 09:18.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote