Thread: R65. Who wins?
View Single Post
Unread 15 Feb 2016, 03:17   #69
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R65. Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I never said it was up to the smaller alliances not playing for number one to initiate anything. As booj already pointed out, in the current climate you simply don't want to be number one for the first half of the round.

Any 'sane HC' will do things for their alliance that will benefit it in the long run. It's very difficult when you're in a position where the bigger alliances can literally do anything they want and it's actually in their favour for big wars to break out.

While it isn't the duty or anything of smaller alliances to help take down a more entrenched alliance, the benefits of doing so are many. I'll post just a few:

1) Generally the #1 alliance will become besieged and have no fleet slots to help out their allies. If you're looking at a 'side' to join then the one with the more fleets is better. (Of course there ARE times when joining the number one is better)

2) Getting a galactic war started is GOOD for the smaller alliances as it means you know you're not getting hit by random galaxy raids from the top 4/5. It gives you breathing room to grow and less incomings. The longer the war goes on - the better!

3) Finding a bigger alliance as a friend can be tough for smaller alliances when they are generally tossed aside, especially one you can trust. Doing "your bit" and fostering relations can help the inevitable moment that the target alliance is 'defeated'.

In my time with Spore I tried my best to link up with 'other alliances'. Heroes/Ascendancy/Insomnia/New Dawn (after they suffered horrible losses) etc. All the time, these alliances were considered 'insignificant' by other top alliances - to me, they were another potential friend.

Also, the disbanding of Black Flag HAS knocked things. It creates a political vacuum that must be filled. Ultores clearly banked on being able to roll through the round without coordinated resistance. Good on the "Coalition" for getting their act together and creating a challenge.

What always boggles me is how Ultores seem "shocked" by it, or even jaded by it. Ultores could easily use different tactics to offset all of these things but it doesn't seem too. Never seems too. Brute force can only get you so far.
Back when Spore were playing ND was a major player, and were winning or close to winning rounds, now days ND has been struggling to get a working alliance.
And ND does not do much politics, they are allied/working with the two same alliances each round, p3ng and CT, so trying to work dwith them for the likes of BowS/HR/Ult is pointless. Often you would actual see ND being NAPed with everyone ingame, except one of HR/Ult/BowS and PATSA.
HR simply does not do politics for majority of the round from my experience.
Heroes/Astatores is just extentions of Ult

Now days there is no "gal raiding", most alliances are forted, and finding any gals wich aint containing 3 or more planets of alliance A or B, is impossiobole. Maybe the PA crew should consider to change/remove the BP system to try make the game more unpredictable.

Back to the point, why would any sane hc keep hitting alliance X when they have no roids left, to help alliance A in their bid for the win?
Often alliance A will go to grounding mode when they are getting hit, or when the alliance X has no roids left, and it leaves the heavy lifting to the smaller allies.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote