View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2017, 14:01   #87
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Kai's Rd 73 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The sole useful point of beta is to provide access to the bcalc. Using it for anything else is a recipe for disaster.

Anyway. I've looked at the stats for a bit. I haven't bothered looking at teamups: these stats are fairly offensive, and I assume that most teamups can roid everything.

First off, there's a few misspelled ship names: Valkyrie, Leviathan and Mantis. They hurt my soul. Please don't hurt my soul.

The targetting overlap between Chimera and Ter Bs makes faking De as Bs much less useful. The same is true for Xan Fi and Shadow.

Every stolen fleet needs a non-stolen fleet in case the steals don't go your way (or your pod farm gets closed before you can get to it). It also needs the ship that steals into the right class. If the non-stolen fleet contains the ship that steals into your stolen fleet, that's great. That means Xan Cr is non-viable, because the above constraints require Fi/Cr to build Fi/Cr/Occult/Apparition/Genie, for 7 ships total. Fr/Cr is non-viable because of targetting overlaps, Xan Fr being the strongest fleet, and Xan gimped research putting Cr out of range. In a normal round, not providing the cloaked race with a third roiding fleet would be a good move. In this one, not so much.

Zik, on the other hand, has a ton of viable fleet combinations. Pure Co, pure Fr, Co/Fr (no targetting overlap) and Fr/Bs are all doable.

As for balancing issues, Ter Bs and Ter Fi/Bs) both look very strong. Excepting Xan Cr, I would say all the stolen fleets (Ter Fi/Bs, Cat De/Cr, Zik Fr/Bs) are fairly strong. That adds to my worry of these stats playing into the hands of pod farmers. Xan Fr is very strong as well.

Shhhhhhh is right about Xan Fi being a hard counter against Ter De. Both fleets are on the weak side in general, especially Xan Fi, which gets roided by everything other than Ter De. The pure Cat Co and Cat Cr fleets are pretty weak. Zik Fr has more holes in its defense than Swiss cheese.

Overall, though, these look pretty good. If I were Jintao (or Kaiba, I guess), I'd look into buffing Xan Fi and Zik Fr and nerfing Ter Bs and Xan Fr a little (defensively, all 4), and giving a third pod to every race to give legit players reliable access to the third fleet. I suspect Xan Cr is unfixable without a lot of changes, and the inevitable side-effects such changes would have mean I wouldn't bother trying.

P.S. On behalf of techies everywhere: please, please, please don't rename the races!
Thank you for your constructive post. I'll look into the suggestions in detail this evening and tomorrow. I'll do the name changes now! :P
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote