Thread: Tomorrow
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jun 2005, 17:53   #40
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
I only wanted to point out that western liberal demoracy chose to side with the lesser of two evils at a certain point in history, because it suited them, and to ignore the implications that would have, because it suited them.
You say "because it suited them" as if it was some kind of calculated political judgement, instead of sheer force of circumstance, as it was. Do you think it "suited" Churchill to have Eastern Europe under the sway of Stalin?

Quote:
Thats very unfair, you've taken one specific part of one sentence of my post and quoted it completely out of context.
All you've said so far to balance your argument is a single sentence to the effect that the allies were "better" than the Axis. All the rest has been generally nebulous statements about 'accepting the whole of history.'

Quote:
But i didn't and don't see the point in picking it as a moment to be celebrated.
But you go on to celebrate specific scientific or cultural achievements? I don't see the difference.

Quote:
I simply don't see the point in picking the one moment when the moral superiority was clear, and holding it for all time.
All that is required is a few moments reflection on the event, instead of uncharitable and priggish nonsense; that people died, and, as a result, you can now live as you do. As I said before, this is not a lot to ask.

Quote:
i do query the logic in holding one moment up (good or bad) as an eternal example and saying remember.
The Holocaust? I'd say that was a pretty good example of an incident that should be remembered for ever. In fact, the whole of World War II, both good and bad should be remembered, for the reasons I've already stated.

Quote:
make a dichotomy between the achievements of man in terms of ideas and the achivements of man in terms of battles. I do so unashamedly.
People have had to fight and die in order to defend and extend freedom. There is nothing shameful about this. Indeed, sacrifices of this nature should be celebrated just as much as any cultural invention. Culture has only prospered as it has because of it.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote