View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2010, 15:26   #39
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varok View Post
I like the idea of recruiting spies via population and send them into different parts of the universe. At the moment intelligence is more or less done by individuals who prolly have enough data storage of the current planetarion playerbase than one could think. I vote for a better intelligence system which is easier to look through. could be more concrete I know but so far my thoughts.
This is one of the idea's for the future development of population but at the moment i dont really have any concrete ideas for it, let alone the benefits it would bring.

But the concept is that while population grows over time, the player can use some of there population to do certain tasks.. Like if they wanted to send 10 spies on a covert-operations mission, they would lose 10 population. The problem is, i cant see what it would add to the game and other area's where the system could be implemented.

My redesign thought, is about putting the foundations in place first before expanding on them. A dynamic population system paves the way for alot of different changes which could be implemented and it'll be important to implement the system before working on ways to improve it, as the changes would heavily depend on how the community uses it and what they're regarding as valuable.

In my new redesign, ive changed covert-operations to try and make it more valuable to the average player and make it more useful in alliance warefare. So it'd be important to wait and see if players use it the way its intended and weither it requires any changes before adding population drawbacks into its use.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 12 Sep 2010 at 15:44.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote