View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2010, 10:29   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Planetarion Redesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
a) So much easier to balance.
I don't understand, what is there to balance, from a design point of view? Say you've got a very uneven system, in which metal is needed 4 times more than crystal and crystal 4 times more than eonium. Why is this a problem? Everyone will get roids in a ratio of 16:4:1 and the "problem" solves itself.

Quote:
b) You can max out in spending your resource, no need to swap around resources.
I don't think this is a problem, considering that we have 3 different ways already to trade resources.

Quote:
c) Easier for new players to understand, I could walk around with my money all in change 1p,2p,etc or I could just use my credit card. Which I think is easier.
Having more than one type of resource is hardly a revolutionary game feature. Anyone who's played Starcraft, Red Alert, Civilisation and ****ing Farmville knows how it works.

Quote:
Governments themselves are the thing that drives the "planet", why do you need a government if your the ruler of the planet. You would have advisor's. Doing it this way would give the idea more credibility.
I agree that the word "democracy" (for example) makes very little sense when you are the sole and absolute ruler of your planet for 1177 ticks.

In fact, I think that the whole government game mechanic (regardless of what we want to call it) is a bit pointless. It's just yet another way (on top of races and population) to boost a certain part of your planet in favour of another. Why do we need 3 different mechanisms for this?

Quote:
But this also means that it would be good to have negative effects on your planet, for example increasing research (+20%) would decreasing construction (-20%).
This seems a non-sequitur.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote