View Single Post
Unread 1 Jun 2013, 17:53   #79
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Round 52 predictions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I dont see the issue you have with this anyway. ND and FAnG have openly worked as a team for 3 rounds in a row now and CT and ND worked together for many many rounds. If it is the case that you have always been on the oppossing side to these 'blocks' you hate then maybe you are the reason. Maybe people team up to annoy you, or maybe in the real world their goals for the round match because they have like minded and competent HC teams and members and would rather get good ranks for themselves and their alliances than blow up their planets and die horrifically in battle.
I don't have an issue with blocks. I have an issue with stagnation.

I am not a reason for blocks. I don't EVER get into politics early on anyway. What I do do, is wait till round is well under way and try and create war to avoid stagnation. It is a war game after all.

If you really believe that people would team up just to annoy me, then you are on a different planet. As someone who does like to create war, I rarely, if ever, speak for any alliance. Last round for instance I was in a joint room, helping organise something, without being in any alliance. This round is no different. But to suggest that alliances would choose their politics to annoy one planet, well, how stupid can you be

I don't have an issue with blocks. I have an issue with unbreakable blocks that stay together regardless. And that goes for any block on any side.

Fact is, we are the few left playing a dying game, and it probably won't be here as soon as another game is released.
But instead of trying to encourage players, we actively push them away by comments such as:

'Take a long walk off a short pier'
'Exile yourself, we are saving this spot for someone' and my least favourite,
'We don't play this for your enjoyment, but for ours, and we don't care if you get bored and quit (and we don't care if our 'ally' wins').

People can blame jolt for demise, or any of the other companies that ran it, or pateam, or ace or whatever, but the players themselves have to take some of the responsibilty of creating a game in which frankly, people don't want to play, and anyone who tries to make it fun or different, gets slapped back down. The forums are an extension to that.
I helped bring some guys back from the old days, and I am seeing logs daily of them being abused by people in this community who should know better, as well as in this forum. It is a disgrace.

In my opinion, of course.

DrunkenViking: I will make a full proper reply to you this evening when I have had dinner and cleared up, I want to give you a proper reply seeing as you have made the effort too
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote