Thread: The Spectator
View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2008, 16:58   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I read the article this time as I didn't notice it before (!) and thought we had privately owned schools already, it's just that any government couldn't possibly bear the electoral cost of being seen to be elitist and paying out grants for kids to go to privately run schools and cover some/all of their fees.
They might be able to justify it (at least, economically) by saying that "it costs the State 10000pounds per student in every [grammar??] school. It costs the State 6000pounds per student in every "Free" school. Given that the free school is expected to have a higher standard of education, and is cheaper for the State, we expect to save xy billion pounds which we have decided to waste on overt populism such as suspending the petrol tax for 47 minutes."

I reckon it could work!

No, i wont do well as a politician .

Quote:
If the tories want to encourage more privately run institutions and give kids the money to go to school, I'm all for it. **** the parents being involved though, if I ever have a child I want the kid to be challenged with a variety of opinions/moralities, not read some ****ing script about what someone thinks is 'safe' for the kid.
Parents should be permitted to want the best for their children. But wrapping them tightly in bubble-wrap only results in their precious child asphyxiating. This should be made explicit to the parents involved.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote