View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2014, 03:07   #18
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: New Military/Gov't Spies CovOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
BB isnt that far off with this post. A small percentage of veteran players even know how to cov-op effectively. I only learned because a friend had the time to show me this past winter round. Outside of that i had no idea how many agents to use for max return, what the formula was to calculate it etc.
If you're not willing to look it up in the manual (which is where all the information you claim had no idea of actually is), then how can you blame PA team of not explaining it properly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
My views are very very very radical, and the PA crew seems to be more intersted in comforting the few that still hang on to this game instead of looking at the long term perspective.
Small tags, small BPs, small gals, mass exiling, more and more advance game play, and less players.
The current size of bps/galaxies is the only size that works for the current amount of players. If you increase it, you get bigger galaxies which become harder and harder to hit. Top galaxies should not need four alliances hitting them to actually lose roids.

Small tags is something I'm divided about; in theory I agree with large/limitless tag size. But I've seen first hand in Pl@netia what happens when you hit a certain ratio of total_planets:alliance_limit - every good player flocked to one alliance and they dominated the game up until almost all players had left. I don't really see why the limit should go above 10% of the active universe, though.

Exiling is a much more complicated matter, and if you think that PA team isn't aware of its issues then you're naive. But feel free to come up with a fix that doesn't have more cons than pros.

As for the covert ops numbers; there are 100 planets with at least 35 covert ops done, so it's safe to say a large amount at least gets some enjoyment out of it. Out of the 15841 operations in the top 100, 4227 were from the top 10 operative planets, which comes up to 26.7%. Not exactly the 99%/1% you were dreaming up, right?

This pretty much sums up any post by you, you draw these big conclusions based on what limited information you have available to you, not even trying to look at it from a different perspective or asking for more information. Which is very human of you, it just means I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously even when you do make some valid points.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote