View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2006, 13:14   #45
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I want a Second Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
On the other hand, there's the fleet requirement for JGPs without any form of automation (ie you have to manually launch the fleet = effort), the lack of any way to quickly scan galaxies and share the scans.
In a game where the aim of the designers is to make you waste as much time as possible contributing to the sense that 'I've spent all that time doing that, I'm acknowledging I've just wasted my time if I quit now,' that has a place.

In PA it really doesn't. It's about routine, and we'd be a lot better off if the routine was less painfully tedious.

The more time we spend thinking about what we want to do, and the less time we spend fiddling around in game to make it happen, the better.