View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 19:59   #37
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: I'm thinking about becoming vegan

I know plenty of vegetarians and vegans who seem perfectly healthy. There's the B12 issue, but you can get that from tablets or special vegan food with it added. And you can get enough Vitamin D from the sun apparently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by some vegan society whom I'm not liking to as I've closed that tab
The most significant supply of vitamin D (for omnivores as well as vegans) comes from the action of ultra-violet B light on sterols in the skin. Most people, including infants require little or no extra from food when regularly exposed to sunlight when the sun is high in the sky. Bright sunlight is not necessary; even the sky shine on a cloudy summer day will stimulate formation of some D in the skin, while a short summer holiday in the open air will increase blood levels of the vitamin by two or three times the amount.
I rarely eat meat mainly due to my mistrust of the National Farmer's Union and companies that deal with meat manufacture - birdseye's recent behaviour vindicates my belief as far as I'm concerned. I buy organic eggs and don't drink much milk. I personally can't see the benefit of becoming a vegan; i'm not militant PETA member.

In social situations you'll just have to tell them what you can and cannot eat. It's probably quite a pain in the arse, but if you really care about the cute little bunnies enough I'm sure it won't be an issue.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote