View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 22:29   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Who Wants to Be Second Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Gay
Do you have any idea what tax burden we're under at the moment.
Are tax burden figures meaningful though? Whichever way you're looking at it (personal deductions from your pay or as % of GDP taken up by government spending) I'm not really sure any sensible observations can be made. If I look at my payslip and fantasise about what I'd do with the extra 25% (or whatever) if there was no taxes but the economy would be so radically different that I almost certainly wouldn't be in the same type of employment I am in anyway. Even if I was, then I'd have to make some kind of social contribution to roads, I might have to have health insurance of some description, etc, etc.
Quote:
Say you're earning £30k a year you're paying AT LEAST 60% of your earnings in tax (at an absolute minimum). I think it's more (i.e. 70%) but i dont have figures to hand.
I don't think this is accurate, depending on what you're talking about. Someone on £30k will pay about £8k in tax/NI, or about 26% of their earnings. If we say that they spend their remaining £22k on normal VAT rated goods that'd be another £5k in tax. So that'd bring them up to 43% of their pay. Maybe if they spent most of their money on cigarettes and fuel it might hit that rate (cigarettes are about 60% tax, I think).

Of course, you can start factoring in the cost of the food they eat and what % of that is the tax on the fuel that it required to transport, but that's a bit dodgy.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote