View Single Post
Unread 18 Jan 2010, 10:35   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Dear zPeti - the response

Hi,

Just to respond to the complaint in "Dear zPeti part 2" and how I have not updated in 4 months:
I did an update inside a thread in December, saying that I had found a programmer who I would be working on a new game with.

I have begun development of a new game, I am probably not going to make it facebook based yet as a space based game doesn't necessarily have the right target market in casual facebook users.

I also want to be honest, and most of my efforts right now are on finishing another game, but that will be finished in the next few weeks and then I can concentrate on the Planetarion.

It would be nice if people were slightly more understanding about the position I am in, as the kind of hate messages people like Kenny always writes can take a lot out of you.

I understand the frustration of everyone, but at the same time, this is a game that has been, in a way, especially built for this community for a while now.

The very people who are requesting lots and lots of changes shout down any major changes that I have recommended. Unless a very different game is advertised to new players, the game in it's current form won't grow, due to many problems pointed out by Spinner yesterday, which I fully agree with, but I'm sure that everyone understands that too.

But while there is this community here, and quite a lot of people playing, I do not really understand why you cannot enjoy the current game and wait for what I am developing, after which major changes will happen anyway.

btw, the new game will have elements of the current PA, mixed in with some Battlestar Galactica elements, but will most certainly be more casual than PA is currently.

As Spinner said when he first developed PA, he build a game that he himself would enjoy. I am going down a similar route, and I am much more of a casual gamer.

And lastly, PA Team have quite a few ideas for making the 10th anniversary special, which I am fully in support of, so there will be quite a lot of changes next round.
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote