View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 09:39   #12
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neural Network Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNick
I am also Interested generally by fuzzy logic. If anyone knows where any good tutorials about that are it would be much apreciated.
I've got a stack of books on the subject, most of them from Andre LaMothe, he's quite enthusiastic on fuzzy logic.

There use to be some online guide on his website but it appears to be mostly related to his dev console now, still you could try: http://www.xgamestation.com/dl_tutorials.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
So, all in all, any AI is useless without a goal. A chatbot is a useless implementation of AI because it has no goal for the conversation. It just answers and replies. If I go on IRC, I usually have a goal, which would be my own entertainment, or the inquiry of certain information.

Anyhow, AI is a pretty interesting concept, but the idea of linking a 100 billion neurons together to model a human brain seems a very tedious job to me. I generally understand what a neural network is now, but any sources to how to train/expand such a network would be very welcome.
I would not say it has no goal, a chatbot generally has the goal of expanding its vocabulary so as to make better conversation, sadly this rarely works out though.

In relation to what I mentioned before, Evolutionary Neural Networks

Also, whlie not on neural networks persay or programming, I've a pretty interesting documentry on the adaptive nature of our brains and how it relates to bizarre abnormalities in how we percieve things. Assuming you have a broadband connection and a willingness to download 347mb I'll send it too you.