View Single Post
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 13:31   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Neural Network Problem

It's actually quite interesting how our brain is made up of such a simple component as neurons and is capable of performing such complex tasks.

Reading that last article, I'm wondering if the most advanced neural networks nowadays still require the programmer/designer to define the shape/outlay of the hidden layer(s) like the guy did with his minesweeper game. Even when trying to model something as simple as a bug's brain, this seems like an overly complex task. Also, as far as I've read up on this subject in the past (which is very little) I know that the human neural network (ie: brain) rewires itself constantly when new things are learned.

I think, if people can better understand the concept of learning (ie: rewiring of the neural network and the creation of new neurons) that a very powerfull AI can easilly be created. But I'll leave that to the smart people out there.