View Single Post
Unread 9 Feb 2017, 21:42   #2
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round stagnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez View Post
Right so we are sitting in a round where to be quite frank the winners will hardly be proud. Having won one war two weeks ago they have just continued to bash and yet we still sit here with 300 ticks to go. So what can we do??

1) I ask that all hc think about the game as a whole and how to have fun? So app players (I'm asking you in particular) really want to spend he next two weeks and your rank being decided purely on how many roids you initiated over the last two weeks? Can the hc of all allies not have this discussion together on how to make something happen rather than just ult vs Norse and peng vs app with smaller allies thrown in? At the moment top ally planet and gal will clearly be app , and to be frank no one will really say any individual player did well - just sandvold got "good" deals with everyone.

2) for next round can all major allies consider having a maximum nap of 200 ticks in the future to help avoid stagnation in future rounds?

what else can we do? The playerbase is small so this sort of stagnation just drives players away - I'm tempted myself. Please add your thoughts on what could be done to help in the future? Other considerations: ally size, maximum war time with one ally (I.e if war declared a cooldown of 48 hour where you can't hit same ally), abandon XP scoring...
Most NAPs are decided out of the game anyway and that will unfoortunately continue.

Reduce alliance size to 30/40 etc and make every planet count towards score. This could help smaller tags such as HR, VGN etc compete a bit more. Every planet in tag counting toward score reduces the number of 'def planets' which are purely there to be launched from ally fleet (remove this too).

I'm sure there are many more things that could be done to make the game experience a lot better.

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote