View Single Post
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 22:04   #16
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: Drastically lower alliance tag limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
1. Alliances dont have to abide by it, can keep all there members and just use multiple tags.
Like Napping that we have currently, but more of.
Quote:
2. Not enough command staff, each alliance would need DC's, BC's, HC's and Planetarion community doesnt have enough.
"Great leaders are made, not born"...

I feel that because alliance limits are so large, players dont feel the need to step up and create an alliance from the base up. Creating smaller alliances also creates a smaller easier structure to control.

Quote:
3. lower-tiered players will be forced into lower ranking alliances and will get less defence due to it. The top small alliances wont accept anyone below par..
Most alliance have a policy system of "Do Not Defend", meaning that people who defend more get higher priority for defence themselves. This then places players into seperate entities with in the alliance.

So your idea also means that all we need is 1 Alliance, because no one wants to be 2nd.

Quote:
4. Scanners? where are all these new alliances going to find dedicated scanners? you'll have multiple alliances without scan coverage.
Since the time scanning changed from Random chance (Amps % Dists) to fixed value (Amps > Dists), problems for anyone wanting to play the game has increased. I do feel that removing Amps+Dists will balance this out again. Why should scanning be left to the few who have to dedicate their round to it.

I mean look at the fact that we have a dedicated scanning room on irc, not always active, but its their. So surely there is an issue with scanning.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote