View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2011, 17:59   #43
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: Nighttime protection

So yes my presumption is correct then, you're a selfish player who wants to be able to continue to reap full reward from a real time game while their account is suitably safe from the universe.

In the meantime your DCs can't find defence fleets for the Americans/Aussies that are online with incs, this doesn't matter to you though as you're safely asleep in bed.

Also when developing and planing a game metagame is always considered as it is vital to the game success.

Since insulting one another's arguments is the way this is going to go allow me to get into the spirit of the debate by saying your arguments suck and you're too selfish to be playing a game where in order to have success you have to rely on others.

Maybe you just haven't realized yet that if you don't have the time for a real time game you shouldn't be playing it?

On a side note, there's plenty of solutions to the sleep problem. Making additional fleets researchable would be a start, and then allowing defence fleets to reside at certain planets for a number of ticks. (I know this is vague, but you can see how the idea could be taken further to protect planets for prolonged periods of time allowing one to sleep).

Another is everyone sets their attacks, or live launches if they wish. Everyone also defines defensive fleets, when the alliance has incomings why not let the game crunch numbers and send the defence fleets necessary to cover, it saves DCing, it saves searching for fleets and if the inc wasn't coverable then no-one wastes time trying to. Heck this is almost as lazy as your solution.