View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2010, 20:31   #15
Razock

Razock is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: ASS, shaking it into Rd36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post

Newbies playing the game for the first time will want to know how to launch an attack, and to be provided with some basic way of working out whether or not they will be successful - they do not want to be overwhelmed by formulas. Likewise, a newbie will be interested to see that your alliance will be able to organise defence for them, but giving the full details of your defence point system is just a case of information overload.

A Newbie playing the game for the first time will probably play it random and learn the basics there. How to launch an attack, how to create fleets, ect. With the new quest set-up you learn the very little basics with ease. If the newbie manage to remain interest in the game after a round or 2 he maybe joins the forum. In these rounds he will be introduced with the more in-depth gameplay with alliances and bud/priv gal.

Other newbies like me, don't mind to put in some effort in understanding the game. Although full details are not saying anything to me for now, it will when the first thick starts. (already knew the basics cause i played PA as a child)

I think we need to maintain the second form of newbies cause those are the one that will read these forums.