View Single Post
Unread 12 May 2009, 02:55   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
A purpose for bot planets

I think Bot planets purpose should be to help new planets/players to familiarize with the combat system.
Before launching their fleet to conquer the universe, attacking the bots should be their first step in understanding the planet and unit scan importance, the proper use of a bcalc.
ATM bots are being used by PA Team as traps to steal/kill easy ships. That doesn't help the game and probably discourages the new players (if they can't even land on easy bots, why bother playing). Though I understand some PA team members must be bored... they should be allowed to attack outside their gal.
I understand Bots are being used as farms by scanners and lowbies, it's not their purpose either. So I propose:

- bots can only be attacked by a planet during a period of 72 ticks after the planet's protection ends.
- bots are moved to a separate cluster (c100?)