View Single Post
Unread 17 Oct 2005, 00:03   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Someone decide my history dissertation for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
There's a lot of things that can be called "history" tbh. As long as it's more than 50-100 years ago, you could do anything. You could write about fashion (in and out of court) between 1600 and 1900 AD, in Western Europe. I don't think you could do some ancient history thing similar to the TV series "what the ancients did for us". Though that'd be quite cool - "ancient discoverys that changed the world" or something. You could make mini catapults, but unfortunately I'm not sure you'd be allowed to do that.

Over the last 2 or more years, there must be a few things that you've read / heard about that you've thought "hang on a minute, I'd actually like to do more on this at some point" ? Or even pre university, if you read a summary of a particular area / period in history.
You've mentioned 19th Century Russia, but is that it?

That's what (hopefully) I'm doing my Maths dissertation on - I just picked interesting things from the list of things given to us.

(otherwise just pick something you know lots about and can write pages on).
well, i did my a level essay on feudal japan, which was quite fun.

the problem is that i have rather fallen out of love with history in the last year. I find it pretty tedious now and more or less can't wait till im finished with it.

also, there isnt anything i know enough about to write a dissertation on now. Im quite prepared to do loads of reading when the time comes, and as long as there are books on it, i know ill be able to do it. So its not much of an issue.

edit: Also, Zhukov, i dont like military history, i find it boring and macho. So don't bother with stuff like that.