View Single Post
Unread 16 Jul 2017, 10:54   #14
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough
Re: Kai's Rd 73 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's a little more complicated than that. The short answer: no, I don't see problems with inits in these stats.

The long answer: when 2 ships on the same side fire at the same init, it is undefined which one fires first. If the ships have the exact same T1/T2/T3, that's not a problem, but when they don't, things get annoying. For example:

Pegasus -> Fi/Co @ init 6
Harpy -> Fi @ init 6

Say the Harpy fires first and kills all Fi present. The Pegasus fires second, has no T1 targets left, and instead kills Co. Now say the Pegasus fires first and kills al Fi present. The Harpy comes second, has no T1 targets left, and sits there doing nothing. The only way you can tell which is going to happen is if you use the bcalc.

This is one of the places where my offline bcalc mzCalc (intentionally) deviates from the official combat engine: because you can't tell from the stats which ship fires first, it instead uses half the Harpies and half the Pegasus needed to fully kill the Fi, and then lets the remaining Pegasus kill Co; it's the halfway solution.

(The combat engine may have other quirks that I don't know about, too.)
I'm pretty sure the combat engine do ETD ships first then zik, xan, cath and ter. Which was the reason for stay change this round. Vindi and Cutlass had same init. Combat engine knew both vindi and Cutlass was firing init 5 but if the vindi killed all fi, all the DMG from Cutlass was wasted. Instead of splitting DMG from the start. So yes same init and firing at same classes is an issue.
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote