Thread: New-Race
View Single Post
Unread 16 Oct 2007, 02:00   #25
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: New-Race

The Amazon race is starting to get a nice shape:
Basically the Amazon raid planets for gold and men
stealing resources in addition to roids sounds a good one.
Now if they steal men, how could it impact on a planet ?
your answer is : losing 1 tick in research and construction... why not, but i think the loss should be linked to the percentage of population stolen.
Therefore I suggest that both the resource stealer and the population stealer are separate ships (not pods). Amazons have pods, cargo ships and slave ships.
The Amazon race would be the only one actually LANDING on a enemy (the others fight in orbit). That's why I suggest that their structure killer is in the class of one of their pods.

Because of that, they could have an additional trait: dread.
With fear in their minds the enemies would concentrate on defense and lose efficiency in firing:
The armour of their ships would gain 5%, but their weapons would lose the same amount...
Another way to implement fear would be that all population bonuses are set to 0 when a hostile Amazon fleet approach their planet (eta4 and lower).

Chariot FI > FR
Screamer FI > CO
Sarmatian CO > FI
Boadicea CO > CR
Heart DE > BS
Dreamer CR > FR
Vixen BS > DE

Feeder FI > Roids
Gold Digger CR > Res
Castrator CR > Male Pop
Denial CR > Struct

Last edited by Makhil; 16 Oct 2007 at 02:32.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote