Thread: [Football]Goals
View Single Post
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 23:14   #24
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football]Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
It depends, if we're talking about allround great goals that I'd have loved to have scored, then of course Van Bastens volley wins hands down.

If we're looking at the goal that meant the most to me. Arsenal vs Everton, a few years back, last game of the season, title already won, 3-1 up, last 8 minutes or so of the game. Tony Adams snatches the ball in defence, plays a 1-2 with Vieira I think, surges onto the ball, 1 on 1 with the Everton keeper before smacking the ball home in a fashion that Henry would be proud of.*

*Details of this are sketchy, I think I might be getting two Adam's goals mixed up. It was the one where the Sky commentator was like 'and heres Adams, would you BEEEEELLLLLIIIIIIEEEEEVVVVVEEEE IIIIIIIITTTT' If that helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
It was also the game that won us the premiership, adams last season in, in front of the clock end and just so suprising that the lanky, broken-nose central defender beat the offside trap and rocketted the ball into the net.

*my details also sketchy, i was overcome with excitement...
It was more or less the same commentary. But Adams didn't snatch the ball in defence. It was good old Steve Bould who then passed it to Vieira. By then Adams has already made the run and when he received the pass from Vieira, he scored the fourth and final goal of the game.

But sniborp, it was not Adam's last season.

On topic, either Henrik Larsson's goal in the Euro2004 against Bulgaria (that flying header) or Zidane's volley against Bayer Leverkusen in the CL 2002 final.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote