View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 14:33   #40
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: How (and why) Planetarion fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The only thing I dislike about this change is that no thought seems to have been put into countering some of the side-effects. I'm worried it will make the game much more static on the alliance level, because there will be many more defense fleets.
I just think day raids (which is what this will bring) will be crap because there will be a much higher defence rate against them, meaning roids dont move around so much and those who got them first in bigger alliances will hold onto them better than they do already.

Its gonna make deffing gal raids a bitch with no checking of j scans before bed and so on - gonna catch a lot of mid range galaxies (10-25 ranked) out and make life a pain for them i can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
It's ironic, actually, how people always complain that PA Team don't do anything, but whenever they make a change, it's decried as "terrible".
I think a lot of that tho is the PA Team lack of transparency with changes. When was the last time we had a Creators Hour? or that a member of the PA Team commented on the suggestions section of the forum? There is no feedback from them or the outlining of ideas to gauge opinion. Thats why people react as they do, because changes are seemingly thrust upon us suddenly without any forewarning.

The PA Team would do better to for example have announced ingame via Mail or announcement that they were considering the idea for rd 46, set up a thread on here outlining the idea, maybe had one member of the PA Team as a irc liason who could explain and listen to people issues with it, maybe using the #alliances reps as a go between for that to remove some of the pointless whinging and just bring real thought out issues with the change.

They would then have a wider idea of what the playerbase wanted and could of decided wether to make the proposed change or not, rather than the current 'just do it' attitude
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote