View Single Post
Unread 7 Jan 2012, 11:17   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: How (and why) Planetarion fails

The idea is that noobs get raped because everyone and their dog can launch at 3am, but no one is around to defend at those times, because of prelaunch. Removing prelaunch (which is what I'm in favour of) or severely limiting it changes the balance between attacking and defending, because people must be around to defend when they attack.

The only thing I dislike about this change is that no thought seems to have been put into countering some of the side-effects. I'm worried it will make the game much more static on the alliance level, because there will be many more defense fleets.

I'm completely unafraid that this will somehow lead to a collapse of the player base, though. No single change in this history of PA has ever caused that to happen, regardless of the mass forum drama that has often accompanied changes. At least as long as AD 2460 is still in development, there is simply nowhere else to go.

It's ironic, actually, how people always complain that PA Team don't do anything, but whenever they make a change, it's decried as "terrible".

Ah well. Same old.

P.S. Maybe this little prelaunch tangent could be split off Cochese's thread, as it doesn't really have anything to do with it.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote