View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 19:09   #299
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
Expecting non allied players to not take advantage of some hypothetical split between App and Asc at this stage of the game is one of the most insane things I have ever read on this forum.

Yes, on the surface the current situation looks staggeringly dull, but presumably beneath the surface all the little ducks feet are paddling furiously.

Either App or Asc are going to win. At the time of this post there is 4M between them - if that alliance breaks then the resulting shitstorm will be more than enough to wipe out 4M.

The only "dull" thing is the seemingly never ending domination of Asc - I personally still expect them to win the round but its marginally more exciting than I expected it would be.
Due to the fact we canīt control the targetting of DENSC, and they continuing efforts theyīve shown to hit Asc despite the fact weīre somewhat low on roids and Apprime are terrible at def compared to Ascendancy (thatīs at least what the numbers on Sandmans suggest, I canīt really judge based on anything else as I havenīt payed enough attention with all the studying I had to do), I kinda doubt Asc will win.
That said, maybe we pull something genuine out of our sleeves, I tend not to know such things in advance lately. With their current roidlead, Apprime will mine like 12 million extra value compared to Ascendancy, and given theyīre not complete idiots, it will be hard (if not impossible) to xp race them in tag rankings.

Anyway, to adress Loks disappointment: At least I personally donīt settle for #2 tag, but I pretty much see the #1/#2 tag ranks as internal competition, heavily influenced by external factors beyond our control.
Looking at the level of cooperation between Asc and App this round brought to us, I just donīt even feel like turning on them, at least not when Iīm absolutely sure they DENSC remains would try to feed on that and it wouldnīt be a "fun competition whoīs better" in the end. It might be an old-fashioned sense of honour I maintain, but Iīd rather stick to Apprime and end 2nd as a tag (team win though) than backstab them in any way.
Considering this, the decision who ends first and second is, sadly, not really ours as DENSC appearantly are not guided by logic at all (see above) and decided to hit Asc beyond any rational point (or they got a great plan I just fail to see).
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote