View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2010, 17:28   #16
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about
Re: The "Intellectual" Left

So, what about those of us in the middle, those of us that have opinions that fall on both sides of the bi-partisan aisle?

I happen to adore mocking people regardless of their beliefs. Does this automatically put me on the "left"?

What about my education level, as I have an advanced degree, not to mention self-identify as an intellectual (which I define as a person who uses knowledge and critical thinking to understand the world)? Do I have to be either a trust fund baby, or a lower class factory worker to be part of the "right"?

I know people of all walks of life, of all races, creeds, colors and sexes that fall on both ends of the spectrum and everywhere in between. The most accepting person I know did not complete secondary school. I know multitudes of closed-minded individuals self-identifying as intellectuals. And yes, I have mocked them all (including myself), with reckless and joyful abandon!

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I do not agree with your opinion, however it is not an uncommon one.

Also, "the Left intelligentsia" definitely does not have the monopoly on either mockery or determining the opposition is stupid or evil for disagreement. Wherever you have passionate opposing sides, there will be both.

If you truly question the truth of my words, just take a look at any one of the planetarion suggestion threads...

If you would like a general comment, all humans are egocentric, puerile simpletons, firmly convinced of his/her superiority to not only others of the species, but other species... and all because we have no scale to compare ourselves to to know how truly ignorant we are. Definitely including me.
WallBiter is offline   Reply With Quote