Thread: Roid mayhem?
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2017, 02:34   #13
lurchleaf
UltimateNewbie

lurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to beholdlurchleaf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Roid mayhem?

I hate to quote myself here but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurchleaf View Post
Or, another suggestion..
One asteroid of each type per tick if a user is under 500 (750, 1000, or any chosen amount of asteroids) in total.

Some of you seem concerned about this being unbalanced without offering an alternative solution ..we have invisible ships flying about, this is marginally more unfair than lowbies generating additional rocks each tick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
We actually steal a percentage of roids, the amount stolen is only relevant in that the more roids people have the bigger the gap between those who keep them and those who don't gets, creating a boring environment where a few people pull away from the rest and are able to get a position quickly where it's hard to take those roids from them.

In a round with less roids the incentive to roid is higher as it is more about capturing the roids (xp) rather than what those roids give (value). This creates a more dynamic environment with lots of position swapping and combat.
In the current environment many players team up to roid larger targets. The proposed solution would indeed create fatter planets, but one would assume they would be decimated by multi-fleet attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
The point is the inactive planets will never have a 'shitton' of roids. They will be roided by the smaller active planets / smaller allies and in turn feed the universe with more roids.

It means there will be more roids in circulation. Bigger landings - Better targets = More fun
Spot on, can't agree more

Last edited by lurchleaf; 30 Jul 2017 at 02:43.
lurchleaf is offline   Reply With Quote