View Single Post
Unread 11 Dec 2015, 15:12   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: BB stats r65(again)

I am not convinced that raising armor and lowering damage across the board (or vice versa) has much impact on the offensive or defensive nature of the stats. It's possible that it does, but I haven't seen a clear example of it in action. If anyone can be bothered, see what happens to bcalcs if you take a fairly balanced set of stats and globally modify their effs in either direction. I'd be interested in hearing the results!

Three things off the top of my head that definitely do affect it:

1) The amount of T2 and T3. The more T2 and T3 there is, the more of each planet's value fires at any specific class. At one end of the spectrum, if I have 1 ship that fires on all classes, then (ignoring T2/T3 inefficiencies for the moment) 100% of my value fires at each classes. On the other end, if I have 6 ships that each only have a T1, then only one sixth of my value fires on each class. The higher the fraction of my value fires at a/any class, the harder it is for that/any class to roid me/anyone, and the more value is needed to punch through. The more value is needed to roid people, the more defensive the stats are.

2) Number of ships. Ships need to be useful. If they aren't, there's no point having them. Usefulness comes in 2 categories: helps me roid people, stops people from roiding me (and there's overlap, of course). I don't usually care about having a lot of different methods of roiding people, because 3 small roiding fleets are less effective than 1 big OHKO fleet. That means most of my ships are defensive in nature. The more useful defensive ships there are, the fewer gaps there are in people's defense, the harder it is to roid them, the more defensive the stats are.

3) Number of interactions between classes. If each class fires at each class, then everyone can focus all their value in 1 class. If the stats are balanced, people will more or less pick each class equally, forcing everyone to defend against each class with an equal amount of value. If I have all my value in 1 class, then an attacker needs to kill a large proportion of my value to be able to land. However, since attackers also need to cover all classes from 1 class, what actually happens is that they can only have one sixth of their fleet firing at my 1 class. A single defense fleet does the rest. You want to send attacks such that your target needs more than 1 defense fleet to stop you, otherwise you're not being efficient. See also my '3 small roiding fleets vs 1 big one' comment above. This prevents people from roiding near their own value, increasing the defensiveness of the stats. I know this seems to contradict point 1. The difference is that here, all my value is in 1 class, whereas in point 1, it's spread among multiple classes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Dec 2015 at 15:21.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote