View Single Post
Unread 6 Jan 2007, 22:14   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why I don't use the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Because overall, while the ticket prices are probably higher, the service and number of trains running has vastly improved. Of course some places miss out but in my experience, there have always been plenty of trains running to places I want to go.
There's no (fundamental) reason why the same couldn't have happened under a nationalised service. New trains weren't bought through efficiency savings (yet) but through debt private companies took on (against the assets they were sold). Arguably, the only real benefit to part-privatisations like this is that the state books look better for the government of the day.

Also, according to some sources the private companies are receiving (collectively) more state funding than BR did in the first place.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote