View Single Post
Unread 17 Feb 2006, 19:39   #17
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Has this been tried for weather forecasting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
If you literally knew everything then you could compute the weather everywhere for the next 10 billion years, assuming that you dont have any fundamenta physical indeterminacy in your model (eg quantum nonsense, human 'freewill' affecting conditions, whatever).
I'm claiming that even IF you knew every condition everywhere on the planet, it would be too much to process it.
Even the guys at the Enterprise couldn't predict the weather.

Mr Data: Sensors indicate that the storm will reach the area in about two hours

... and hour later ...

Picard: The storm is catching up, we can't take off, I thought it would hit in two hours
Data: well... buggery

<insert exciting episode about crew members hiding in caves and running around through a storm with stroboscope lightning and without getting wet>

Hanibal: I love it when a plan comes together

The End