View Single Post
Unread 1 Aug 2010, 03:57   #68
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

(note: i've read some posts in this thread, but it's 4.35 and i'm drunk, i cldn't be bothered with reading everything)

To the Jagex guys: Planetarion is a small game. we have around 1k players the last rounds (atm it's summer, it'll be less now). A very big portion of these 1000 players have played this game for 10 years now (I personally started in r3, we're at R38 now and rounds used to last a lot longer then now. hell i seem to remember times when a tick lasted longer then current rounds).

We've come to know eachoter on a pretty personal level. I've met some players personally (from all over europe), I organised some meetings at my place and went to some meetings all over Europe (finland, england, ...)

Long story short, altough we're small, we're a pretty tight group of players, and yes, we play this game in different alliances but i'm pretty sure there's connections everywhere and basicly everybody knows eachother.

The above is basicly the only reason we still have the amazing number of 1000 people playing this game. We care shit about the 'game as it is', but we like playing it because of what is often referred to as 'the meta game'.

About our look at the new owners and our indifference about it: read above.

Regarding the stream of new players that might look at planetarion because of the attention on the jagex forums: Let's not be ignorant about this: We've all played this game for ages and know what it takes. We'll always welcome new people but do expect the same level of commitment we give ourselves. And honestly, that level is pretty high and not alot of new players can live up to it.

I've seen blizzard being mentioned here and I've got some WOW players to try planetarion myself, (this are some m8s that play WOW on a pretty decent level in some high end guilds) but they couldn't handle the activity that is required to play this game. We don't expect anyone to be online 24/7, but we do expect any player that commits to this game and that wants his 'team' to do the same to be here when he's needed. This means calls/sms' will be sent out when you are needed.

This is one of the main reasons new players often won't be able to live up to the expections we have.

Just my 2 cents about current planetarion.

I love yo all btw

EDIT: a note to jagex: Please do pay attention to the community, just never (and i do mean never) take the conversations on these forums for the absolute truth. If you really want to get to know us, come talk to us on irc, you'll notice a lot of people will want to share their ideas with you. You'll be able to classify most of them as absolute garbage, but it'll at least give you an insight on what's living in the community. a good place to start is looking at the alliance recuitment forum and just start some general talks in the public channels these alliance give you.

Last edited by berten; 1 Aug 2010 at 04:04.
berten is offline   Reply With Quote