View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 07:42   #26
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie
It's game abuse as making useless scans was not intended to be a way to play. Futhermore it is harmfull as it took out the servers. No better reason for changing the code as when using the code takes out your game. Furthermore Spinner was not aware of the fact scanning did give 3 times as much score. He thought he knew it didn't.
Gerbie you come across hypocrite here. Wasn't it you last round who decided to just covert op resources all round to try to get the #1 position in the end by spending all your resources gained in the last couple of ticks? Yes you did; a valid strategy because the covert opping and resource capping formulas allowed it.

However after a couple of weeks PA team changed the formulas because they seemed to be 'unbalanced'.

- Spinner did not remove your resources you gained from what appaeared to be an 'imbalance' in the game. However you had time to use this 'imbalance' to gain a lot of resources for some reason Spinner thought it was okay just to change the formulas a bit; so what justifies taking away xp/resources this time?

- Spinner had been confronted with this but denied the fact this could be true. I wonder if he even bothered to verify this by testing this but I have to assume NO HE DID NOT. This makes me believe now that he actually found out it's true he took measures like remove peoples XP just to cover up for his own incompetence earlier when he should have investigated it.

- Didn't you store all the covert opped resources in the fund in R10? Yeah, and that's because Spinner knew he should put a cap on the resource fund but he didn't want to change it midround and affect a lot of players, why the hell would he do that now and 2 days before round end?