View Single Post
Unread 11 Jan 2003, 01:04   #52
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Assisted suicide is the same. yes there are some people who truly want to die. There are others who through depression, malaise, mental illness, poor coping mechanisms, or any one of a millon other reasons are at a desperate time, from whch if given the chance they will recover.
No offence, but not everybody wants to hand over this kind of power of what free individuals can/can't do to doctors or the state (or your girlfriend). I don't think the law should be there to be our parents.

In the long run, I may not want to die. In the long run, I may not want to take heroin. In the long run, I may not want to drop out of University, live with the homeless and regularly take it up the arse from a guy named Bubba. But for God's sake let me be the one to decide what I want.

And as for a law to differentiate the hypothetical 10% from the 90% - this is easy. We have numerous processes for establishing if someone us is capable of making their own decisions - as in disputes over wills, power of attorney, etc. As it stands now, you can prove you are 100% rational to the Courts and they still won't give you the right to end your own life. Which is certainly wrong.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote