View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2016, 08:29   #93
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R66 Stat opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintao View Post
Appoco has been very busy lately and has delegated the responsibility to me for the time being. Although i do still talk to him about stats.
Appoco: some kind of announcement of this change would've been nice. People shouldn't have to rely on rumour to learn who to talk to to influence the ship stats.

Quote:
Actually the reason why i don't post much on the forums is very simple. Every thread always ends up going negative or they start flaming wars between certain people. So if i want constructive feedback i currently don't see the forums as a way to get it.
I think this is a missed opportunity. The forums are the place to have public discussions about issues that affect everyone. Sure, people can PM you, but that's not ideal. It centralizes decision making, giving you far more power than the individual people talking to you, because it isolates people. It's easier to speak out if there's a bunch of people to agree with you. Additionally, there's a barrier to entry, whereby some people might feel discouraged from approaching you. Speaking out in public is easier.

Monroe used to keep a fairly tight ship, but things seem to have gotten somewhat more slack of late. I agree that's a bad thing. SD is not AD. If the only thing you (general you) have to contribute is bickering and claptrap, this is not the place for you. A couple of keephauls might do this place good, to be frank.

Quote:
Talking about feedback in general. I had ALOT of people pm me with there opinion and i can tell you they all said something completely different. If one guy said to x, the other guy would yell don't do x, do y. Than the next guy would say don't do x or y, but go for z. Opinions are a dime a dozen which doesn't make selecting the feedback you listen to easy.
You can't make everyone happy, but as long as you're getting very varied criticism, I'd take that as a sign that you're on the right track. It's when you get the same complaints from everyone that you have to start worrying.

Quote:
r67 i definately won't be making a last minute set. Patrikc's set is solid and almost ready to go as is. So we got a solid set to put up already for round 67.
It's good to have this known so far in advance.

Quote:
I have talked with appoco about the issue too. We were thinking about making it more into a formal process/method with the potential of some experts picking the final set.

But one of the biggest problems is if i were to put the top 10 stat guys in a room, i bet they couldn't all agree on the color of an organge, let alone what a new standard should be.
Please don't feel like you need to set up some kind of democratic process to select the stats, whether only for a select few or universal. As long as the process by which you've selected a set of stats is reasonable and transparent, you'll be fine. This process need not be formal, nor identical every round. It seems to me like that's just creating unnecessary work for yourself.

This is another thing the forums can help with, by the way, by facilitating a public record of the choices made, and the reasons behind them.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote