View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2010, 06:40   #119
deft

deft is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

I was thinking about what its like to be a noob some more and I think maybe the whole quest system should be scrapped and replace with quests that become unlocked at certain times or when your planet reaches specific milestones. Completing the quest should result in a small reward of some kind to encourage noobs to stick around and find out what their next quest is going to be.

For example, at tick 25 a message appears at the top of the page (on every page) telling you steal 50 roids from another planet. Maybe there could be multiple quests that appear at the same time and you have to choose one depending on your style of play (perform covert op instead of stealing roids). Limit the time certain quests can be completed in before it expires and you have to wait to unlock the next quest. I don't really have any specific ideas on what these new quests should be or how/when they would be unlocked but I'm sure there's some fun stuff we can think of to reward noob progression.

Last edited by deft; 10 Jul 2010 at 06:47.
deft is offline   Reply With Quote