View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2010, 05:51   #118
deft

deft is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri View Post
Been watching this, and although I found it comprehensive and thorough, it shouldnt last for 12+ minutes.

In other words, simplify! (the game)

Few noobs will actually sit through and watch that tbh.
I agree about the video being too long but if I'm a noob to a a game like this, I'd just want an in-game tutorial/walkthrough to guide me through the process of setting up my planet instead. Like you'd have a persistent message at the top of the page telling you what the next step is in creating a 'sustainable' planet and have a link to the page where you can complete that task.

For example, when you log in for the first time a message would pop up recommending you accept your resource bonus. If you accept it, a new message will appear asking you to spend your research/cons points (but I would change the bonus distribution page so that has the details like the regular res/cons pages). After that, it will ask you to initiate roids followed by queing res/cons and so on until all the pre-tick stuff is done in the correct order. If you're like a real pro and stuff, there'd be a switch to turn off the messages.

Last edited by deft; 10 Jul 2010 at 06:47.
deft is offline   Reply With Quote