View Single Post
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 10:22   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving teaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razock View Post
Yeah can't help you with the other jobs part...don't really know what you like to do. I just say find something you also really like besides teaching.
I feel for you though, i'm also a teacher (history, geography and music), and sometimes got the same feeling here in the Netherlands.

The holiday-payment agrument is false btw kjel. I have to make the same hours, sometimes even more, then all other people. So i still have 40 hour work week and all the hours missed in vacantion you fill up with all the other thousands tasks i have. Checking results of tests, being cop in school hall on the breakes, creating new lesson, meetings with my own section or other directory office, being Mentor of a class. Then i have like 3 taskforces i'm in and i organise a somekind of talentshow where all the kids can do singing and dancing ect.

I have full time job of 27 teaching hours (which is considered full time) BUT attached to those 27 hours there is a certain ammount of hours i HAVE to fullfill. WHich give me that i work the same amount of weeks/hours all other people do but in a shorter period of time. You get those hours in all those kind of examples i gave.
Ohh but you don't need to explain me that you do have alot of work, regardless the amount of holiday you have. My gf only has to teach 28 hours a day, but most evenings she has to spend 1-2 hours on preparations.

Maybe I phrased it poorly, as I do know howmuch work a teacher has. Then again, you cannot deny that those 2 months of holiday is something you look forward to and you'll enjoy very much.

Also, I work 40 hours a week but the extra hours I work don't get paid (they call that being flexible) and sometimes I do have to work during the evening when we having a Go Live or when something simply needs to be done.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote