View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2003, 22:56   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If I had to write another personal statement, I'd make mine as unusual as possible (without being silly).

So instead of the usual corporate "I work hard every day and I love team work" bull****, I'd write something which is going to grab their attention (remembering they'll probably get the admin girl from the department to read 5000 of these, so get noticed).

My first draft of my undergrad personal statement was a "I have a dream" part-pastiche, part-self-glorification rant. I then edited it into some dull **** which means it probably read like a hell of a lot of others.

Now when I'm applying for something I generally just give them an outline of why I'm interested in the subject and/or job. It generally works.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote