View Single Post
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 15:21   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: I'm such a dumb ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
But that's what I thought too... if I happen to come across my dream-job, then what does he expect? Me to turn it down? I asked him that too BTW, which was countered with a "aren't you happy here?"-question.
You should have replied with various answers that doesn't answer the question at all but turns it around like he has done - if he doesn't want to answer your questions, why you answer his? (even if he is the boss) - you're employed for what you do, not what you think, so this shouldn't dress a concern for job prospects. Don't let him make you feel bad because he's more than likely to be in the same boat as you are but he's one-step above you so doesn't really need to worry about whether he likes his job or not etc.

Perhaps the convo could have gone around:

He opened the meeting with: "I have the feeling you're looking for a new job... are you?"
Me: "I'm not looking, I've been offered a role in a Hollywood movie"
Him: "So, you're not happy here?"
Me: "No I hate it" <-- say it sarcastically though with a smile on your face although this could have backfired if he doesn't have a sense of humour or get on that you're joking (although you're not joking)
Him: "So I guess if you get offered another job you'll leave this place"
Me: "The only thing that would lure be away would be Mr. Kippling cakes... Apple Tarlettes are supwerb!"
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote