View Single Post
Unread 21 Oct 2005, 17:55   #7
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Other Languages and Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
A large part of the problem with providing service for other languages officially is that there are a small number of people who speak languages that are not english in the game. Hence, rather obviously, a smaller number of people who are both willing to give of their time to the game and who are suitable for a position of responsibility. While I'm sure you could probably find one, maybe two, people in each area one rather doubts they would be able to provide 24 hour coverage, therefore it would not be proper full language support. Problems would also arise with the number of people in the various teams. Rather than have this quite messy situation it appears that pateam are going the route of providing acknowledgedly limited support for other languages. I, for one, applaud these efforts. I've always felt that the community benefitted from speaking a common language. It makes movement so much easier. I don't think arrogance has much to do with anything to be perfectly honest.
If they are writing guides not actually sitting in #support then 24hr coverage is not really needed. From what I can gather, Appoc is not asking biligual people for #support staff but to have people who can write support guides for general/common problems.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote